Monday, August 15, 2011

Sale Day.....


Here we are att he sale. This is always such a crazy day for me. My nerves get going and I start to panic abut the sale of Jakes lamb. Jake on the other hand cant wait until it is over, then the last night at the fair festivities can begin. He has work with and raised this lamb over the last 4 1/2 months, and he feels it is time to end. Plus he really likes to know how much money will be coming his way. He isnt allowed to spend it though. It is put into a bank account for the future, be it a car, mission, what ever, it will be there.
I am so happy we took a piture in front of the fair sign this year. We have talked about it every year and for some reason, I never get it done. Isnt he so stinkin cute?!




Jake asked Brayden to stand in the sale ring with him, and hold the poster they were awarded earlier with the "Clean Stall". Jake also wore his medals ad the announcer would refer to the buyer's to watch for the kids with these awards, as they had earned them with extra time and dediucation to their project.
Jake did well this year, and we were happy for the outcome.
After the sale Travis and I ran into Jake's buyer an stopped to talk with him. He is a local business owner and had purchase Jake's lamb the first year, and since then I have had Jake take him a flyer and invite him to the livestock auction. He told Travis and I that Jake was the only child that had stopped by and invited himto the fair this year, and that he was here to buy Jake's lamb no matter the cost. I wa so honored that he felt that way about Jake. This guy has had kid's grow up showing lambs in the past and stated that he was aware of the work that kid's need to put in .to ensure that there is a buyer for their lamb at the fair. He was greatful that Jake had remembered him. I think if Jake invites him every year he will ave a forever buyer.
What a great end to a great sale day at the Weber County Fair 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment