Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jackson's Haircut

I can hardly believe this day has come. Jackson has been growing his hair for the past 8 months, and today we are cutting it off.

Jackson and I had been talking about when he was going to cut his hair and he decided that he would cut it after the Super Bow, since he has been growing it to be like Troy Polamalu's. He thinks he is the best football player ever.

Well the Steeler's lost the Super Bowl, and I thought for sure that Jackson would change his mind and not want to cut his hair, but to my surprise he was still in favor of doing it. I think it had a little to do with some of the razzing he was getting from some of our friends as well as getting mistaken for a girl twice in the same day.

Travis and Jake were both gone tonight, so Jackson and I decided we would go and get the hair cut, and surprise them both when they got home. Jake was at a Jazz game with his friend Jeron and Travis was out of town for work. Jackson was so excited to be able to surprise them with this transformation.

He sat so quietly in the chair as the girl cut his hair. He kept looking in the mirror and inspecting the job she was doing. I have to say he was really brave, I on the other hand had a little harder time watching the big chunks of hair fall to the floor. I knew he would look so cute, but it was really a change after 8 months of long, shaggy hair.

When she got finished the girl asked Jackson if he would like his hair spiked, (it was still a little long for spiking) of course Jackson said "Yes." He looks so cute. I told him it was like having a new little boy. We stopped at Bella Mexican Restaurant to eat some dinner, just Jackson and I, before heading home for the big SuRpRiSe!!

Jake came home from the game and Jackson had a hat on his head to cover his hair, when Jake had his back turned he took off the hat, and Jake turned around and about fell over. He was so shocked. He ran over and rubbed Jackson's head and was shocked that Jackson had cut it off. When Travis got home Jackson pulled the same trick and Travis was also just as surprised as Jake. It was really fun to watch Jackson reveal his new look to both Jake and Travis. We all laughed and couldn't stop looking a Jackson, and even rubbing his head a bit.

Jackson weather your hair is long or short you are such a handsome little guy. You have been told many times "It's not what's outside that matters, but what's inside that counts." You shine from within, and are such a tender heart. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to share in this monster of a surprise with you tonight. Just remember hair grows back, but these are the moments that last. I love you my "short haired" Prince!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment