Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First Place in the Region, Now on to State




We were so excited tonight as we sat and waited for the names to be read in the 3-D Art division, for the Region Reflections Contest. First they read the Honorable Mention, then the 2 Awards of Merit, and last they read the Winner/Award of Excellence from each category.




As we sat and waited Jake got more and more nervous. When he didn't hear his name called for the Honorable Mention he looked at me, surprised. Next when he didn't hear his name for the Award of Merit, he once again looked at me. This time his eye's were open wide. Last they named the Award of Excellence and called Jake Toone, from Farr West Elementary. Jake almost flew out of his seat.
We were all so excited for him. Jackson was jumping up and down,

Travis did some fist pumps, and Mom started shacking so bad, with excitement, I wasn't sure if I was going to cry or pass out!
It was so exciting to watch as Jake walked across the stage shacking hands with all the principles and school board members. The lady in charge mentioned that she had more entries in this category than she had ever had this year, which made me even more proud of the work Jake has done. He really is so talented. It was even cool to be able to snap a shot with Jake and his principle Mr. Dave Wallace. He was excited for Jake as well, and for representing Farr West.
I was surprised to know how many schools he was is competition with. He is in the Intermediate group, so he is judged with kids in 6th to 8th grade.
That is a big span in itself, but to hear that he had won out of all the schools in the Weber County and Ogden City School Districts was AMAZING to me. There are 92 schools in that area with kids in this age group. WoW!!! That's alot of schools.
Jake is so excited to have come so far, and being a Mom, a very happy Mom at that. I have told Jake before each award night, " Be happy with how well you have done, and where you are. There are alot of kids that are part of this, and if you don't win, don't be sad, be glad for the achievements you have made." Jake says "I know Mom, I am, you always tell me that, and I don't expect to win.....but it would be really cool!!" Yes, it would be really cool!!
On to State, and who knows maybe Washington D.C.! Good Luck Jake, we LoVe you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment