Saturday, April 23, 2011

2 Easter Egg Hunts with Jackson


I wanted to do something special and fun with Jackson this year, being as he and I were home alone while Travis and Jake went to New Mexico to shoot turkey's. So I found 2 local Easter Egg Hunts and we did our own kind of hunting.


Our first Easter Egg Hunt was at the Mt. View Park in Farr West. This was a fun one because so many of Jackson's friends and class mates were there. Instead of actual eggs though, the park was sectioned off into different age areas and treats were scattered across the grass in these area's. When the horn blew the kids were off to gather as much of the treats as they could. Jackson made a haul, and got some fun little trinkets as well as some candy. It was freezing cold, but once that horn sounded I am sure that Jackson didn't notice the cold outside. What a fun start to our day.


Our second Easter Egg Hunt was at the Dinosaur Park. I thought this would be such a fun Easter Egg Hunt, and something different as well. When we got there we had to park about a mile away and be driven by trailer to the Dinosaur Park. This place was packed. I was so amazed how many people were here. After paying our admission into the park, we found the area we were to be in and waited. While we waited we looked around at some of the dinosaurs. It was so beautiful to look at the area where the egg hunt would take place. There were at least a million colorful eggs scattered across the ground in the area that was blocked off until the gates were opened and we could pick our spot for the hunt. I had read that you could only take 5 eggs, so I was sure there would be enough for the millions of people that were there as well.


When the gate's opened Jackson found the spot he wanted to stand and then once the horn sounded he was off. I have never in my life seen a place be cleaned up so fast. It was amazing, there were kid's everywhere. Jackson had his 5 eggs, and we went and opened them (after snapping a few pictures). I was amazed with the adults that I saw with pockets and purses filled with eggs as well. No children around, just them with the eggs. UNREAL!!!


While we were at the Dinosaur park Jackson and I decided that we would walk around and see the Dinosaurs. Jackson really likes Dino's so it was alot of fun to find his favorite and see the life size creatures.


This was a fun day to spend with Jackson, we decided that we will pass on the Dinosaur Park next year, and find a better hunt to go to!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment