Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I LoVe My PuPpY.....






Jackson has had so much fun with his puppy "Gus"! It is cute to watch him take care of Gus, and cuddle with him, and just pet him. I have to admit it is real good for a little boy to have a dog. I think it is not only something to love, and be affectionate with, but also it is teaching Jackson how to take care of another living thing.
There is a flip side to this though. Gus is a puppy, which means he likes to play (and puppies play different than little boys, they nip and bite) . Jackson has been nipped and bit a few times, which is not fun. I get to remind him that he is glad he is nipped and bit now while Gus is a puppy, because one day soon, Gus will have his adult teeth and those would really hurt. I am praying that all the training will pay off and that this CrAzY DoG will learn that it is not o.k. to bite. I am just grateful that Travis, Jake and Jackson are all involved in this training process, because I have no idea what to do, other than yell and tell Gus "NO" almost all day.
I know there will be a time soon when this wont be an issue, but for now this is it. I am crossing my fingers that this to will pass, soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment