Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve with the Bott's


This year before the prsents began, we spent some time visiting and eating at Grandpa and Grandma Bott's. Uncle Blake had to work, so we wanted to wait for him to get there as well. We as a family, have carried on the same tradition as my Grandma Bott had. We have the same things to eat before we start with the presents.
This year my Mom and Dad decided that my Dad was going to read the Christmas story from the scriptures and then the kids were going to stand and sing Christmas Caroles once we all were gathered and before the gift exchange began. I can remeber doing this same thing at my Grandpa and Grandma Bott's house when I was younger also.


Once the gift exchange began, it was so fun to watch as everyone's face would light up and to hear the simple word's of gratitude among family member's. This was such a fun night and many laughs were shared between us all. I am always so excitted to hear the poems that my Dad write's for every one of us. They are always comical and always bring laughter to the room.


After the gifts's we exchange our cookies and load up our treasures, and head in our seperate directions. Before leaving we all express our thanks again, share hugs and express our love for each other. I know that this is the real gift of the night. As we all are busy with our day to day lives, I am always most greatful for these simple moments that we get to share with the ones we love the most. Merry Christmas to all, and may our lives be blesse by the love of our Savior and the gift of this season in which he has given us all!!!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment